Hello everyone, another week another Covid test. Hope you’re having a great day so far, we deserve it, sometimes. Hey, all the crew from XL Esports and OS Studios, welcome aboard.
Made by Franco
💅 A Sip of Learning Tea
We’re often surrounded by the everlasting, money-making, delicious drama. Especially in gaming, a fairly young industry where most people at the top are still children in power.
I don’t cover drama because honestly, I don’t usually give a fuck about it. However, if drama is covered differently — as a quick cheat sheet with a fun moral of a fable, now I’m interested.
Let’s give it a go.
A Clown Fiesta
TSM built a name for themselves thanks to being early in esports and having a lot of success with the pro players they hired. The best investors, sponsors and staff looked at TSM as THE esports team to be part of.
So, TSM kept these talented people who still drive their business and content strategies to this day. But, all shiny startups have a kid who can’t stop messing shit up. Enter TSM’s CEO and founder: TSM Reginald (Andy Dinh).
This guy is known for being hella toxic and immature with people he works with. His latest episode:
I don’t care if Andy is the Ellen DeGeneres of gaming, who looks all happy on camera but would get easily stabbed in the back. I care about the industry:
💣 New Games & Trailers
POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND / SHINING PEARL — Trailer
MARVEL’S AVENGERS: SPIDER-MAN — Trailer
RAINBOW SIX EXTRACTION — Spotlight
20 YEARS OF XBOX — New Games
FAR CRY 6 — Spotlight
📖 Read of the Week
The Things We Love are the Real Fountain of Youth, by Eric Pierce.
Full Time Fan, by Blake Robbins.
🏆 Esports Highlights
❓ Honest Question to Reddit
/esports reddit, are you good? Look, not sure if covering drama today made me feel extra feisty, but come on now… if you go to r/esports 80% of the links are from GinxTV and the other 20% from Esportz, why?
Whenever I post a Weekly edition in there, it does really well for an hour and all of the sudden mods block it because “it’s not related to gaming”. The fuck you mean not related to gaming? r/esports main publication right now is a GinxTV article about Activision’s sexual assault allegations. If somebody knows who is in charge of this mafia can you let me know please? I’ve heard major news outlets and teams complaining about this before, maybe I’m just late to Al Capone’s party.
🐦 Thread of the Week
Twitter acquired Threader, because of that, let’s bring back juicy threads:
🥇 Events’ News
Everything revealed at Riot Forge Presentation.
All nominees at the Game Awards 2021.
🧤 Meta’s First Move
In a few words: no one below the age of 48 was using Facebook, so when Zuckerberg saw the concept of the Metaverse coming to life, he decided to ditch Facebook’s branding real quick and rebrand it to Meta.
First move? VR Gloves that make you feel sensations when you touch stuff digitally. Pretty much the same concept as the VR Suit that you saw on Ready Player One. The glove has been in the works for 7 years.
🔌 Marketing Pieces
🎒 Gaming x Education
We’ve seen several gaming companies trying to bridge gaming and education, but I think Roblox will take the lead on this one soon.
🔫 Big Boy is Back
All gaming OGs, and everyone salty at current FPS buggy games were very excited with the Halo Infinite surprise release (complete video). To be aware of:
🔦 Spotlight of the Week
Fortiche is the production and animation company who worked on Riot’s Arcane. I’m in love with this group of talented people.
SPAN SPECTACLES x NIKE
GTA’s attention to detail isnext level.
Thanks for reading!
👇 Reach out for feedback, questions or quick intro!
Twitter | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org